Every year, Sherwin Williams releases their Color of the Year and a trend forecast for the coming year.
For 2022, the Color of the Year is Evergreen Fog. Called the "calmest green in existence" by Forbes magazine, Evergreen Fog fits right in where we live. The PNW is always green with the amount of rainfall we see, so Evergreen Fog feels like home to us.
At Holt, we're particularly fond of Evergreen Fog – since it fits right in with the PNW.
This gray-green color of the year is soothing and subtle, while also being modern.
It looks great against warm leather couches, wood cabinets or accents, and pops of black and white decor. The 2022 Color of the Year is just one piece of the paint palette puzzle (say that 10 times fast). Sherwin Williams also has released its 2022 Color Forecast, which debuts four different color palettes that make it easy for you to pick and choose complementary tones that will make your house uniquely yours.
- Method: Evergreen Fog is part of the Method palette. Inspired by nature’s processes, the Method palette is a collection of organic neutrals and tonal luxury. This palette’s earthiness and rich warmth are inviting and appealing.
- Opus: The Opus palette demands attention with its deep, moody shades. This palette of dusky deep tones and unexpected accents was created to be a new kind of classical, to set drama and emotion to the art of good style, and to never, ever fade into the background.
- Dreamland: The Dreamland palette is...in a word, fresh. The beginning of nature's life cycle delivers energy that radiates through the room. Set yourself adrift in a fantasy realm of pearlescent tones, new-growth greens, and lavish pinks, and tend to a space where fresh ideas flourish.
- Ephemera: The Ephemera palette works great alongside midcentury modern decor. Delivering pops of primary color with a vintage flair, this palette is a playful twist on classics.
If you need help choosing the right paint colors for your Holt home from these palettes, follow these tips to find the right tones for your space.
- Visit your closet for inspiration. What colors do you wear?
- Use colors from happy memories. Did your grandma's orange kitchen give you warm vibes? Recreate it with a new spin on midcentury.
- Think about the feeling you want to evoke. Is it fresh? Warm? Calming?
- Refine your choices. Try to create a palette of no more than four colors that work together. There can be an anchoring neutral to tie them all together.
- Put paint samples on the wall. The light hits the wall at a different angle than when you are holding a paint sample card flat. Be sure to put them on the wall to see the color in its most accurate light.
Are you inspired to incorporate fresh colors into your new home?
Our Holt Homes design team can help. Contact us today!
About Holt Homes
For more than three decades, Holt Homes has built new construction homes for families in Oregon and Southwest Washington. The quality and experience of our people, the ease and efficiency of our approach, and the livability of our communities works hand-in-hand to make Holt Homes the largest locally-grown home builder in the region. For more information, live chat or call us at (371)-231-5560.